Jul 7, 2010

A real 2.0 gem!






Isn't this Wordle just fantastic? I thought ImageChef was great until I stumbled upon this amazing 2.0 tool last weekend called Tagxedo. What sets Tagxedo apart is its incredible ease of use—it's a breeze to create stunning word clouds. One of the features I adore is the ability to upload an image and incorporate words from any webpage simply by adding the URL.


Now, why did I choose this particular image of Gandhi and a website about him for this post? Well, I've been delving into Gandhi's life and teachings during a summer institute, learning about his journey from law school to activism against racial discrimination in South Africa. Gandhi's belief in independence, self-reliance, and self-sufficiency resonates deeply, and his advocacy for civil rights is as relevant today as it was then.


Reflecting on Gandhi's principles and the transformative power of education, I'm reminded of John Dewey's notion that the quality of educational experiences shapes both present and future experiences. In our interconnected world, I'm intrigued by how online communities can influence education and learning. Can these digital communities foster peace?


Communities thrive on shared vision and purpose, and my journey into online communities began with simple discussion forums about books. Over time, I ventured into real-time chat rooms and expanded my networks on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, and Diigo. The individuals I connect with online form my personal learning network, enriching my learning journey in countless ways.


And how did I stumble upon Tagxedo? Well, I discovered it through Diigo, yet another invaluable tool in my online learning toolkit. Despite missing out on the ISTE conference, I was able to virtually attend and glean insights from fellow educators who generously shared their favorite classroom tools. Thanks to my PLN for curating and sharing resources like the ISTE 2010 Unplugged wiki on Diigo, keeping me connected and inspired even from afar.





No comments: