Mar 13, 2011

Ustream it to the world!


A really cool 2.0 tool that I have been watching for a while is Ustream. Ustream is a place where anyone can broadcast information. You can find broadcasts from NASA, PBS and Rolling Stones, to name a few.

Ustream was launched in 2007 and in 2008 more than 400,000 users were streaming video. You can watch live streamed athletic events, or watch university lectures (Educause, 2008). Tomorrow morning, we are going to try it at our school for our morning announcements.

This is a great opportunity for our school community to tune in to hear what is going on in the school during the week and even see who is being recognized with a "Caught Being Green Award." This will be a trial run, but I am hopeful that it will be engaging for everyone.










1 comment:

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. Yes, I am so excited to follow. I love how you are so up on all things technological. I'm excited to learn :)

The middle book that I'm reading is FOR WOMEN ONLY: what you need to know about the inner lives of men by Shaunti Feldhahn. She surveyed and interviewed over a thousand men and discovered that men and women's brains really do think differently. In this book she explains some of the ways men look at life. My sister sent it to me for my birthday. I'm appreciating that it is research based.
Thanks for taking the time to check in on my blog. It's not that profound or anything, but just for fun. Terri Emms