Mar 13, 2011

Ustream it to the world!


A fascinating Web 2.0 tool that has caught my attention is Ustream. It serves as a platform for broadcasting a wide array of information. From NASA and PBS to the Rolling Stones, you can find broadcasts from diverse entities.

Launched in 2007, Ustream gained significant traction by 2008, with over 400,000 users streaming video content. Users can tune in to live-streamed athletic events or university lectures (Educause, 2008). Tomorrow morning, we're planning to give it a try at our school for our morning announcements.

This presents an excellent opportunity for our school community to stay informed about the week's events and even witness the recognition of individuals with a "Caught Being Green Award." While it's a trial run, I'm optimistic that it will be engaging for everyone involved.










1 comment:

Terri-Lynn said...

Thanks for the link to your blog. Yes, I am so excited to follow. I love how you are so up on all things technological. I'm excited to learn :)

The middle book that I'm reading is FOR WOMEN ONLY: what you need to know about the inner lives of men by Shaunti Feldhahn. She surveyed and interviewed over a thousand men and discovered that men and women's brains really do think differently. In this book she explains some of the ways men look at life. My sister sent it to me for my birthday. I'm appreciating that it is research based.
Thanks for taking the time to check in on my blog. It's not that profound or anything, but just for fun. Terri Emms