Mar 15, 2011

Testing, testing...can you hear me?

Yesterday, I decided to give "Ustream" a try, but I quickly ran into an audio snag. Despite successfully streaming the video, there was no accompanying audio. Determined to troubleshoot the issue, I turned to Google for a solution. After some searching, I stumbled upon other streaming platforms like "Justin.tv" and "Livestream."

Unfortunately, "Justin.tv" didn't meet my needs for embedding code onto my school site, and despite my efforts, I couldn't locate the embedding option. Seeking a more mainstream solution, I discovered "Livestream," which proved to be a perfect fit. Similar to "UStream" but with working audio, "Livestream" boasted user-friendliness and simplicity in creating a channel, along with effortless code embedding into my blog. If someone were to inquire about a streaming site recommendation, I'd confidently suggest "Livestream."

What did this experience teach me?

A. Ustream seemed to have an audio issue, inexplicably.

B. When Google doesn't yield answers, don't hesitate to explore other tools that might just work—there's a plethora of options out there!

2 comments:

Kim Wedman said...

It worked great today! So exciting and engaging for students! Thank you!

Danielle Spencer said...

It did? I heard we ran into video problems..??? audio worked but no video??