Jan 31, 2010

Tweetin' on Twitter


If you are not on Twitter yet, you are missing out on one of the coolest social networking tools that can enhance your professional development!


The biggest challenge in Twitter is finding the time to build your network. I feel like I have been throwing a huge net out into a wide open space and am just beginning to settle on some great catches!

I popped onto Twitter this morning to see what kinds of things the techie teachers were chatting about and I found that most of them were at an "educon" conference, which is an education conference (about technology, though they advocate it is not about technology). I started to see tweets about the conference and quickly realized that during the conference sessions, people were tweeting their thoughts. Though I was not at the conference, I became an active participant, as I shared my thoughts and opinions about learning and technology, through Twitter. It was really interesting to see what they were learning about at this conference and to be able to participate from my house.

The second best thing about joining the educon chat, was that I made some great networks! Once you start networking with people that have similar interests, then there is alot of potential for shared learning and shared knowledge. It was great day for tweeting!

No comments: